The Microsoft SQL Server node shows major issues when performing basic ‘insert’ into the db processes.
- Empty cells generate an error, I think this is due to the fact that it should pass a NULL value, but instead it passes an empty string.
- Special characters like single quotes are not escaped. When you have a value that contains a single quote it will generate an error. Instead it should escape this by passing two single quotes ‘’.
- It generates errors when part of a string contain only numbers and the letter ‘e’. It interprets this as an exponential number which is too large for the CPU, however, it is a string.\
I have posted detailed steps to reproduce, error logs and places in the code to sole this error in these Github issues:
- MS SQL Server Insert does not handle empty cells as NULL values · Issue #1915 · n8n-io/n8n · GitHub
- MS SQL Server Insert does not escape single quotes · Issue #1916 · n8n-io/n8n · GitHub
- (And one with issue number 1920, but I cannot add 2+ external hyperlinks)
Since we rely on the ‘insert’ functionality of the MSSQL Server node this makes N8N highly difficult to use for us in our operations. All our datasets contain one of these issues which at the moment resulted in not being able to deploy even a single Workflow for our clients. I hope this quickly gets resolved.