MSSQL Node - Performance

Hello.

Is there anything i can do to increase the performance of a MSSQL Node?

We have a simple query but returns 200k rows and then we write them to a csv file.

We have created a simple webhook that starts the flow so we don’t run it from the web ui.

The think is the execution time of the MSSQL node takes around 8 minutes. In Microsoft SQL Managment Studio or any other SQL IDE the same query fetches all the rows in 2 minutes.

I know n8n has some overhead but 6 additional minutes are too much.

The VM that we run docker n8n has many resources in CPU and RAM, resources are not an issue.

It looks like your topic is missing some important information. Could you provide the following if applicable.

• n8n version:
  • Database (default: SQLite):
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app):
  • Operating system:

Hey @Mulen,

I suspect the node may need to be rewritten to handle more data like that. Which node version and operation are you using? Could you also provide me with the query and I can see what we can do.

Hello Jon, thanks for the reply.

It is a very complex query that we run against our data. I will try maybe to find something to replicate it by using demo data so you can test but it could take some time.

Hey @Mulen,

To be honest I was going to take your query and pop it into GPT and ask it to create a database based on the query along with some test data, It is normally very good at specific tasks like that.