My static data does not work

Hello,

I wanted to do something with only new RSS items, I built that:

Unfortunately it put in notion last one every 10 second, could I ask what did I wrong?
I read in docs that running manually staticData will not work, how could I check what’s going on with my ‘code’ how to debug it?

I found here working nodes, but I cannot understand what’s wrong with mine, so I wanted kindly ask :sweat_smile:

Thanks!

You can still debug it by using console.log() in the function node. You can see whatever you printed in the function node in the explorer console.

But getWorkflowStaticData() return always empty array when run workflow manually, am I right?

Hey @Shirobachi,

When running the getWorkflowStaticData() manually, you won’t get the expected output. You will have to run the workflow in production to see the results. You can read more about it here: Function | Docs

I’m running into this too and I don’t understand how to develop a new scenario in this way. Also, I think the link may be outdated, because I can’t find any guidance on this issue. Can you provide some pointers on how to develop and test functions that use getWorkflowStaticData() ?

Hey @bartv

In order to test this feature you need to run it not manually so for example webhook, timer or sth like that.
After that, you can see in execution tab what data was triggered (if returned of course)

Read more here: getWorkflowStaticData - n8n Documentation

That’s rather inconvenient :slight_smile: Do you know the background of this?

Sorry I don’t.

But TBH for saving data I choose other methods rather than that since that is not easy to develop