Mysql node, delete unable to pass variable

Describe the problem/error/question

I want to delete certain records from mysql based on a condition. The value for condition is received from previous node. To achieve this I am using MySQL node, with operation => Execute Query. My query looks like this delete from analytics_dashboardwhereanalytics_dashboard.event_id like "% {{ $json.calendar_event_id }} %"

What is the error message (if any)?

ERROR: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ‘calendar_event_id"]}}%"’ at line 1

Please share your workflow

Share the output returned by the last node

Information on your n8n setup

• Version 0.236.3
  • SQLite
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
    -Docker
  • Linux

Hey @Saurabh_Periwal,

Try something like the below, That is working for me in newer n8n versions.

delete from `analytics_dashboard` where `analytics_dashboard`.`event_id` LIKE  {{ '"%' +  $json.calendar_event_id + '%"' }}
2 Likes

Thank you Jon. While the node was able to assign the value to variable from previous nodes. But while executing, I see following error
ERROR: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '{ '"%' + $json.calendar_event_id + '%"' }}' at line 1

1 Like

Hey @Saurabh_Periwal,

Can you try updating your n8n install to v1 and see if that changes anything?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.