MySQL secure connection problem

Hi, I’m getting this message when I try to startup my containers:

(node:6) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Error: There was an error: Connections using insecure transport are prohibited while --require_secure_transport=ON.
at Object.error (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/@oclif/errors/lib/index.js:22:17)
at Start.error (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/@oclif/command/lib/command.js:60:23)
at /usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/dist/commands/start.js:114:22
at processTicksAndRejections (internal/process/task_queues.js:97:5)
(node:6) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Unhandled promise rejection. This error originated either by throwing inside of an async function without a catch block, or by rejecting a promise which was not handled with .catch(). To terminate the node process on unhandled promise rejection, use the CLI flag --unhandled-rejections=strict (see Command-line API | Node.js v17.8.0 Documentation). (rejection id: 1)
(node:6) [DEP0018] DeprecationWarning: Unhandled promise rejections are deprecated. In the future, promise rejections that are not handled will terminate the Node.js process with a non-zero exit code.

Anyone have a clue how do I make my n8n connection secure? since I have followed the setup my server guide and using a LetsEncrypt certificate I hoped my connection would already be secured.

What are you using for your connection string to the MySQL server?

I use just the server host. After you asking me this I went to search how to use properties in the connection string since I know there is this “useSSL” property but when I tried it I got another error:

Error: getaddrinfo ENOTFOUND server address?useSSL=true

I’ve also tried using https://server address but no success still

It seems as though you have anticipated where I was heading with this. I believe that the connection between your computer web browser and the n8n management interface is secure. But, the connection between the n8n/NodeJS service and the MySQL server is not secure.

How is the MySQL server deployed from a security perspective?

I don’t know how to answer this question. I know it’s a stackhero mysql server and when I log in it shows a PHPMyAdmin controlpanel and I know this require secure connection is set to true. I dont know much about db servers.

I was searching about it and talking with one of n8n’s devs. Up until now I believe I will have to change their code to make use of SSL certs provided by the MySQL db. I’m not sure though.