N8n cloud and community nodes

Is there a way to use a community node for n8n cloud? I see that someone subbmitted one last year for DocuSign per this request, but it was never published. If it isn’t possible, has any one made a flow for submitting documents for signature with n8n cloud? I’m trying to trigger contract signatures from Salesforce.

Information on your n8n setup

• n8n version: 1.5.1
  • Database (default: SQLite):
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app): n8n cloud
  • Operating system:

Hi @Philip_Wiggins :wave:

At the moment it’s unfortunately not possible to use community nodes on cloud - only on a self-hosted instance. There’s a feature request you can upvote here: Community Nodes in n8n.cloud

There’s also a Docusign node request here (which leads to the Docusign community node, which may be where you saw that a community node exists?): Docusign Node

I’ll also ping @Niklas_Hatje on this one about the possibility of community nodes coming to cloud :bowing_man:

I haven’t worked with Docusign’s API before, but I believe what you’re looking for would live here: Envelopes Category | REST API | DocuSign That being said, since Docusign is a pretty complex product, I wouldn’t know for sure :see_no_evil: There may be someone else on the forums with more direct experience.

From there, you can use a HTTP Request node to authenticate and make the request :+1:

Hi @Philip_Wiggins,

we do indeed often talk about how we can bring Community nodes to Cloud. Unfortunately, those discussions have always been stopped by the safety risks that Community nodes bring when being on Cloud. We haven’t found a solution for this yet, besides a pretty heavy reviewing system, that we can’t afford yet. So I’m afraid they won’t come soonish.

On your problem: As long as the DocuSign node is not there, I’d suggest you try to connect using our HTTP Request node, probably using the envelopes endpoint.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.