N8n does not send all the content from table rows in Airtable (when you are still adding a new row and n8n started its workflow)

Describe the problem/error/question

Simple Airtable trigger to Google sheet connection. I was testing the workflow and noticed that from time to time n8n transfers only partial content (text value from the columns) from Airtable to Google Sheet.

For example, I added the following line in Airtable table with 1 of columns having the following string “fffff”:

n8n transferred only 1 of those letters “f” missing 4 letters:

I’m sorry, but the actual f***? How can n8n be reliable and ready for production if these things can happen? My guess is that while I was typing that new test row with that specific column in focus in Airtable n8n started its job without waiting transferred all the data to Google Sheets and did not care that I’m still editing that row.

Please share your workflow

Share the output returned by the last node

Information on your n8n setup

• **n8n version: 1.1.1
  • **Database (default: SQLite): Postgres
  • **n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main): ?
  • **Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app): docker
  • **Operating system: linux ubuntu 20.04

Please help.

Hi @JeffRigel, welcome to the community!

This seems likely. n8n would simply query Airtable in intervals when using the trigger node which might lead to undesired behaviour when manually editing a table (rather than inserting/updating full datasets programmatically.

In such cases you might want to consider using a polling time outside of your usual working hours.

Got it! Thank you so much for you reply! Your solution is a good workaround.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.