N8n Form Trigger - url parameter

Hello everyone,

I’m very new to n8n and loving it so far.
Unfortunately I couldn’t find the answer to my question online, so I hope it’s ok to ask here.

Is it possible to call the n8n form trigger with url parameters so that some fields are automatically populated with the data from the url?

For example, open ...:5678/webhook-test/1cc86fbd-d640-49d5-865d-bd3856828b59/n8n-form?name=prefilled to get a web form like this, where a user only has to fill in the missing fields:

The idea behind this is: From a web link on a website/email I want to create a task in an app. I can control how this link is generated and prefill some data, but a user needs to add some data for the task before it’s created.
Since my task app is not able to create such a form, I was hoping n8n could help here :slight_smile:

Information on your n8n setup

• n8n version: 1.17.1
  • Database (default: SQLite): SQLite
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main): default
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app): Docker
  • Operating system: Debian

Welcome to the community @Gerred !

No that is sadly currently not possible but sounds like a great idea. I changed your topic to a feature request so that you and other people can upvote it.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

I also miss this feature!
In the meantime, another nocode self-hosted service has implemented this: Form | NocoDB

If you are using something similar on the backend, this may a workaround.

FYI, n8n has a dedicated node to integrate with Nocodb.