N8N how to use regex in filter node?

Describe the problem/error/question

I have a json payload that comes as input to a filter.
Filter has to look at the input and only pass json objects which don’t have values like (a|b|c|d)

I have put regex in filter node with operation ‘Regex Not Match’ on the input string
exact regex I put in : /(Unknown|unknown|value|not provided)/

I am assuming I m making syntax error while feeding in the regex, please let me know how to write a proper regex in n8n as I was not able to find any documentation online.

What is the error message (if any)?

Error that I am getting is that unwanted values are moving forward from the filter

Please share your workflow

{
“meta”: {
“instanceId”: “b21c5c764b1c163869f34ac65ce947166061ef1893d05087f4d6fedc65f1229b”
},
“nodes”: [
{
“parameters”: {
“conditions”: {
“string”: [
{
“value1”: “={{ JSON.parse($json["message"]["content"]).department }}”,
“operation”: “isNotEmpty”
},
{
“value1”: “={{ JSON.parse($json["message"]["content"]).department }}”,
“operation”: “notRegex”,
“value2”: “/(Unknown|unknown|value)/”
}
]
}
},
“id”: “4ce4c87f-8c44-4d6b-bfd8-83d0da112c93”,
“name”: “Filter SYL response empty1”,
“type”: “n8n-nodes-base.filter”,
“typeVersion”: 1,
“position”: [
]
}
],
“connections”: {},
“pinData”: {}
}

(Select the nodes on your canvas and use the keyboard shortcuts CMD+C/CTRL+C and CMD+V/CTRL+V to copy and paste the workflow.)

Share the output returned by the last node

Information on your n8n setup

• n8n version:
  • Database (default: SQLite):
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app):
  • Operating system:

It looks like your topic is missing some important information. Could you provide the following if applicable.

• n8n version:
  • Database (default: SQLite):
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app):
  • Operating system:

@Pallav_Jagoori , you RegEx looks fine to me and it works with my test. The problem is likely to be with the reference to the value you test, {{ JSON.parse($json["message"]["content"]).department }} if that does not work for you.

Take a look at my example. It has three items with the values “value”, “volume”, and “unknown” respectively. The items containing “value” and “unknown” are filtered out leaving only “volume”

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.