N8n on cpanel

Hi dear @jan

I have Cpanel shared host
It has features that I can create node.js webapplications.

I try to install n8n on it via its virtual environment (like SSH) but it show below error.
Could you please help me?

Best regards;

/home/.../nodevenv/.../.../lib/bin/n8n -> /home/.../nodevenv/.../.../lib/lib/node_modules/n8n/bin/n8n
npm WARN lifecycle The node binary used for scripts is /home/.../nodevenv/.../.../bin/node but npm is using /opt/alt/alt-nodejs10/root/usr/bin/node itself. Use the `--scripts-prepend-node-path` option to include the path for the node binary npm was executed with.

> [email protected] install /home/.../nodevenv/.../.../lib/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/mmmagic
> node-gyp rebuild

make: Entering directory `/home/.../nodevenv/.../.../lib/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/mmmagic/build'
  CC(target) Release/obj.target/libmagic/deps/libmagic/src/apprentice.o
make: execvp: cc: Permission denied
make: *** [Release/obj.target/libmagic/deps/libmagic/src/apprentice.o] Error 127
make: Leaving directory `/home/.../nodevenv/.../.../lib/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/mmmagic/build'
gyp ERR! build error
gyp ERR! stack Error: `make` failed with exit code: 2
gyp ERR! stack     at ChildProcess.onExit (/opt/alt/alt-nodejs10/root/usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules.bundled/node-gyp/lib/build.js:193:23)
gyp ERR! stack     at ChildProcess.emit (events.js:198:13)
gyp ERR! stack     at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (internal/child_process.js:248:12)
gyp ERR! System Linux 2.6.32-954.3.5.lve1.4.63.el6.x86_64
gyp ERR! command "/opt/alt/alt-nodejs10/root/usr/bin/node" "/opt/alt/alt-nodejs10/root/usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules.bundled/node-gyp/bin/node-gyp.js" "rebuild"
gyp ERR! cwd /home/.../nodevenv/.../.../lib/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/mmmagic
gyp ERR! node -v v10.17.0
gyp ERR! node-gyp -v v5.0.3
gyp ERR! not ok
npm ERR! code ELIFECYCLE
npm ERR! errno 1
npm ERR! [email protected] install: `node-gyp rebuild`
npm ERR! Exit status 1
npm ERR!
npm ERR! Failed at the [email protected] install script.
npm ERR! This is probably not a problem with npm. There is likely additional logging output above.

npm ERR! A complete log of this run can be found in:
npm ERR!     /home/...

Sorry no experience with cpanel and how they set up the environment and how Node.js runs in it.

The first line however:

/home/.../nodevenv/.../.../lib/bin/n8n -> /home/.../nodevenv/.../.../lib/lib/node_modules/n8n/bin/n8n
npm WARN lifecycle The node binary used for scripts is /home/.../nodevenv/.../.../bin/node but npm is using /opt/alt/alt-nodejs10/root/usr/bin/node itself. Use the `--scripts-prepend-node-path` option to include the path for the node binary npm was executed with.

Sounds like there is probably something wrong.

So maybe something like that:

Hey mooghermez,
Plesk is kinda similar to cpanel. I created a doc on installing on Plesk, maybe it helps you:

2 Likes

Thank you my frind
I try to install n8n according to your doc but unfortunately I see below error:

npm WARN lifecycle The node binary used for scripts is /home/mydir/nodevenv/n8n.mysite.com/10/bin/node but npm is using /opt/alt/alt-nodejs10/root/usr/bin/node itself. Use the `--scripts-prepend-node-path` option to include the path for the node binary npm was executed with.

> [email protected] install /home/mydir/nodevenv/n8n.mysite.com/10/lib/node_modules/mmmagic
> node-gyp rebuild

node[435392]: pthread_create: Resource temporarily unavailable
gyp: Call to 'node -e "require('nan')"' returned exit status 0 while in binding.gyp. while trying to load binding.gyp
gyp ERR! configure error
gyp ERR! stack Error: `gyp` failed with exit code: 1
gyp ERR! stack     at ChildProcess.onCpExit (/opt/alt/alt-nodejs10/root/usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules.bundled/node-gyp/lib/configure.js:344:16)
gyp ERR! stack     at ChildProcess.emit (events.js:198:13)