N8N SSH Node Error: n8n may have run out of memory while executing it

Describe the problem/error/question

Hello, We are getting the below error message while attempting to download a remote file using the SSH node.
Despite following the steps outlined in N8N Docs, such as increasing memory allocation, and reducing the number of nodes from 60+ to 6, it appears that the problem lies specifically with the SSH nodes. This is happening in both automated and manual executions.
Below is a screenshot of our actual workflow. Interestingly, we previously used AWS node to download the file in this workflow and never had a problem.

What is the error message (if any)?

ERROR: Execution stopped at this node

n8n may have run out of memory while executing it. More context and tips on how to avoid this in the docs

Details: Time

11/14/2023, 6:40:24 AM

Cause: blank

Please share your workflow

(Select the nodes on your canvas and use the keyboard shortcuts CMD+C/CTRL+C and CMD+V/CTRL+V to copy and paste the workflow.)

Share the output returned by the last node

Information on your n8n setup

• n8n version: 0.221.2
  • Database (default: SQLite): MySQL
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app): Docker
  • Operating system: Linux

Do you have any advice on how to fix this issue?

Thank you!

Hey @Lakshmi,

The first thing I would do is try a later version of n8n to see if that helps, If this is then still an issue if you could share a file that reproduces the issue that would be a massive help as I am not able to reproduce this on 1.16.0.

I would also double check that path as it doesn’t look right to me and I would have expected something like /C:/SalesOrders.csv and /C:/AR_Invoices.csv although the official Windows OpenSSH server implementation may be a bit different.

The path is correct because the workflow occasionally works when executed manually multiple times.

Thank you! I’ll upgrade the N8N and see.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.