N8n updates workflow without user after error in pipedrive node

Describe the problem/error/question

When bulk editing records (in my case activities) in Pipedrive, all workflows which use a Pipedrive Trigger node (all of them, trigger type does not matter) get updated. It looks like a user edited these workflows manually in n8n.

Screenshot on what part of the workflow got edited:

nothing else changed in any of my workflows with Pipedrive triggers.

The workflow which should get triggered on the events gets executed like expected when using the bulk edit function of Pipedrive. But it does not do anything, just executes my Error Workflow.

Here’s the JSON from the Error:

JSON as text

[ { "execution":{ "id":"283485", "url":"https://n8n.domain.at/workflow/36/executions/283485", "error":{ "name":"WorkflowOperationError", "timestamp":1685009074163 }, "mode":"webhook" }, "workflow":{ "id":"36", "name":"[PIPEDRIVE] activity trigger" } } ]

The Bulk edit in this case triggered about 90 executions, which fully loaded my vps. With that, all other workflows which were running in the same timeframe (about 4 minutes) also did not correctly execute.

For example, following workflow:

Information on your n8n setup

• n8n version: 0.228.2
  • Database (default: SQLite): MySQL
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main): own
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app): Docker
  • Operating system: Ubuntu 22.04

Hi @FelixL, I am very sorry for the trouble. Iirc, this is how executions look like where even the trigger failed to run properly (and which therefore weren’t properly “started” and display no error messages on a specific node).

Is there any error in your n8n server logs around the time of these failed executions?

I do not have those logs any more, but I’ll try to recreate the issue tomorrow and post some logs.

1 Like

Those workflows also get updated when restarting the n8n container, so I suspect that in my first post the n8n container just crashed and with the automatic restart it updated those 4 workflows updatedAt datetime string.

There is nothing in the logs:

n8n ready on 0.0.0.0, port 5678
 Support for MySQL/MariaDB has been deprecated and will be removed with an upcoming version of n8n. Please migrate to PostgreSQL.
 Version: 0.228.2

Editor is now accessible via:
 https://n8n.example.at:5678/

Can you try creating fresh Pipedrive credentials? I wonder if the problem could be with these.

If the workflow still fails for you, you could consider using the regular Webhook node (with an HTTP method of POST) instead of the Pipedrive trigger node.

The regular webhook does not try to register its webhook URL automatically with Pipedrive, instead you’d have to manually register it with Pipedrive.

Sorry for my late response, had some quite crazy last few days :sweat_smile:

I’ll try your suggestions as soon as I’ve got time to look into it, luckily this is not a pressing issue rn.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.