N8N V1.17.1 - Strange bug

Describe the problem/error/question:

One automation that updates a google spreadsheet with information from webhook stopped filling one specific column, the output is correct this column is skip on google sheets.

What is the error message (if any)?

no error

Please share your workflow

Execute Workflow

Share the output returned by the last node

Output is correct but column “Produto” was not updated

Information on your n8n setup

  • n8n version: 1.17.1
  • Database (default: SQLite): default
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main): default
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app): docker
  • Operating system: ubuntu

Hey @rafaelxc,

Welcome to the community :cake:

Are you able to share the workflow json and the data for the webhook node so we can test this? Looking at the pictures I can’t think of why it would fail although the expression syntax for that one field is not like the others so I would maybe start by updating it to use the newer expression style like the others have.

Thanks for the reply @Jon Jon
Here are the json for workflow and webhook.
I couldnt past here, so i created a link, please let me know if there is a better way to share.


Test Webhook

Hey @rafaelxc,

I have just reproduced the sheet you are using and I am not seeing the same issue, Does it always fail or is it only with certain products?

I would still recommend replacing {{ $item("0").$node["Webhook"].json["body"]["items"]["0"]["name"] }} with the newer {{ $('Webhook').item.json.body.items[0].name }}, You are also going to have an issue with the code node after that as it looks like that has possibly always been an issue.

@Jon thanks the reply.

I just fixed the problem it was on google sheets, the column name was wrong, after i fixed it , now it is filling correctly again.

Regarding the other node, yes it is not working , but it worked before.

I need to replace the . for , using the info from webhook note, the item is an array.
The current code running is the above but i receive the following error:
ERROR: Unknown top-level item key: pairedItems [item 0]

var replaceob = $item("0").$node["Webhook"].json["body"]["items"]["1"]["item_value"].toString();
// Loop over inputs and add a new field called 'myNewField' to the JSON of each one
for (item of items) {
  item.json.replaceob = replaceob.replace(/\./g, ',');

// You can write logs to the browser console
return items;

I tried to replace with the new syntax you sent.

but the same problem ocurred.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.