N8n won't start after upgrade to 0.135.1

Hello
after upgrading n8n to 0.135.1 I’m getting this error, and n8n won’t start. can you pls help?

There was an error initializing DB: “SQLITE_ERROR: no such table: execution_entity”

Hey @ja3four,

I am sorry that you faced issues. @krynble might be able to help you

This is probably to the migration not finishing running. A couple of people have had the same issue. You can find the solution in the link below.

1 Like

i had a similar issue, not the same one. So i just killed the docker and redownloaded it, as i keep my data persistent elsewhere took a little while first time after that, but then was fine.

Exactly, if you’re using SQLite as the database (which is the default), when running for the first time we have to recreate the table that stores all your executions.

This takes a while and if you kill the process in the middle, you might corrupt your database, leaving it in an inconsistent state.

Thanks @krynble and @RicardoE105 for the hints. Indeed I’ve created the table using the following SQL statement, and n8n started successfully.

CREATE TABLE “execution_entity” (“id” integer PRIMARY KEY AUTOINCREMENT NOT NULL, “data” text NOT NULL, “finished” boolean NOT NULL, “mode” varchar NOT NULL, “retryOf” varchar, “retrySuccessId” varchar, “startedAt” datetime NOT NULL, “stoppedAt” datetime NOT NULL, “workflowData” text NOT NULL, “workflowId” varchar)

Good that it’s starting but it is still missing one column: waitTill.

I would recommend checking if n8n created this column. If not, you can manually create it using this SQL:

CREATE TABLE "execution_entity" ("id" integer PRIMARY KEY AUTOINCREMENT NOT NULL, "data" text NOT NULL, "finished" boolean NOT NULL, "mode" varchar NOT NULL, "retryOf" varchar, "retrySuccessId" varchar, "startedAt" datetime NOT NULL, "stoppedAt" datetime, "workflowData" text NOT NULL, "workflowId" varchar, "waitTill" DATETIME)

Thanks, @krynble. I’ve just double-checked the table, and I confirm that n8n created it.

1 Like

Amazing! Have fun automating :slightly_smiling_face: