New IF node not working as expected when check "empty value" (return "if empty")

The IF node is not performing the correct filtering. Parameters with no value on the exists condition skip empty values, when in the old IF node the “if not empty” rule discarded those values that were empty. Accordingly, there is no analog of if not empty in the new if node, I think this is a bug.

Please share your workflow

Share the output returned by the last node

Information on your n8n setup

• **n8n version:1.24.1
  • **Database (default: SQLite):default
  • **n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):main
  • **Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app):Docker
  • **Operating system:Linux

Hi @lightcom

I think you are looking for the object type

ah ok, so yeah I cannot copy this workflow for some reason. So cannot test for ya.

Hi @lightcom, thanks a million for reporting this and thanks @BramKn for looking into this!

To be honest, I am not sure if this is a bug or an intended change, but I shall add this to our engineering backlog for a closer look. I’ll get back to you once I know more :slight_smile:

1 Like

yeah thanks, i find that strange behavior when filtered google sheets result. next immediately report about this.

1 Like

@BramKn

How to check in the following scenario if SKU is empty?

Everything i tried it is not working!

Hi @Mulen

Please open a new topic if you have a question, also please do not tag me directly for new questions.
If you want my support please dm me for a support contract.

Sorry. I posted here because it’s the exact same problem @lightcom has.

1 Like

similar behavior
Please use if node of previous version if you have n8n on your server, I found a way to use old node in my case.

2 Likes

Good news on this one folks: The following change adds corresponding operators to the new node as well:

Once you upgrade to n8n 1.27.2 you should be able to avail of this :slight_smile:

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.