NocoDB issue NodeApiError Cannot POST

Describe the issue/error/question

Hey there. Trying to connect nocodb with no luck. Created an instance on Heroku. Tried to reinstall it, but still getting the same issue. Please, assist :pray:
I’ll share my API info since the database is empty anyway:

Auth token [REDACTED]

API token [REDACTED]

Host https://n8n-prod-app.herokuapp.com/

Project id p_1v2w4s0w4karh4
Table name Unis

What is the error message (if any)?

{"context":{},"name":"NodeApiError","cause":{"message":"404 - \"<!DOCTYPE html>\\n<html lang=\\\"en\\\">\\n<head>\\n<meta charset=\\\"utf-8\\\">\\n<title>Error</title>\\n</head>\\n<body>\\n<pre>Cannot POST //nc/p_1v2w4s0w4karh4/api/v1/Unis/bulk</pre>\\n</body>\\n</html>\\n\"","name":"Error","stack":"Error: Request failed with status code 404\n at createError (/Applications/n8n.app/Contents/Resources/app/node_modules/axios/lib/core/createError.js:16:15)\n at settle (/Applications/n8n.app/Contents/Resources/app/node_modules/axios/lib/core/settle.js:17:12)\n at IncomingMessage.handleStreamEnd (/Applications/n8n.app/Contents/Resources/app/node_modules/axios/lib/adapters/http.js:269:11)\n at IncomingMessage.emit (node:events:406:35)\n at IncomingMessage.emit (node:domain:470:12)\n at endReadableNT (node:internal/streams/readable:1331:12)\n at processTicksAndRejections (node:internal/process/task_queues:83:21)"},"timestamp":1657591032916,"message":"The resource you are requesting could not be found","node":{"parameters":{"resource":"row","operation":"create","projectId":"p_1v2w4s0w4karh4","table":"Unis","dataToSend":"autoMapInputData","inputsToIgnore":""},"name":"NocoDB","type":"n8n-nodes-base.nocoDb","typeVersion":1,"position":[1540,180],"credentials":{"nocoDb":{"id":"4","name":"NocoDB account"}}},"httpCode":"404","description":"<!DOCTYPE html>\n<html lang=\"en\">\n<head>\n<meta charset=\"utf-8\">\n<title>Error</title>\n</head>\n<body>\n<pre>Cannot POST //nc/p_1v2w4s0w4karh4/api/v1/Unis/bulk</pre>\n</body>\n</html>\n"}

Please share the workflow

Share the output returned by the last node

Information on your n8n setup

• n8n version: 1.6.0 (1.6.0) Mac
  • Database you’re using (default: SQLite): nocodb on heroku (default settings)
  • Running n8n with the execution process [own(default), main]: don’t know
  • Running n8n via [Docker, npm, n8n.cloud, desktop app]: don’t know

Hi @alexpti4ka, I am sorry to hear you’re having trouble. I’ll look into this and will get back to you as soon as I can.

I’ve also redacted your post to avoid exposing potentially confidential auth tokens, you might still want to invalidate/change them just to be sure.

1 Like

Hi @alexpti4ka, from looking into this it seems NocoDB have changed their API quite a bit since the n8n node was last updated (causing not only the insert to fail but also the API token authentication) :frowning:. I have added this to our internal bug tracker for a closer look.

In the meantime you might want to use the HTTP Request node to insert data into your NocoDB like so:

In this example, foo is my NocoDB project, bar is my table, and Title is the column name. The header authentication is set up like so:

Data is inserted as expected using this approach:

2 Likes

Hey @alexpti4ka,

Just to add to this one, We have had a PR contributed by a community member and got a bit held up with how to handle the versioning so that we don’t break or remove support for older installs of NocoDB. We have since put a solution in place that will help and have updated the PR to include these changes.

The changes are currently going through the last review change and will likely be merged soon and released. The n8n desktop app may be a couple of weeks after the self hosted release as it has a different release schedule.

2 Likes

Wow, thanks a lot for a fast reply! Thanks God it’s about API, I already thought I’m too dumb to use n8n :smiling_face_with_tear: I’ll try HTTP request instead.

Thanks a lot for making it clear. There’s no rush from my side, I was just curious what am I doing wrong :smiling_face:

2 Likes

Hello jon, any date/prevision to NocoDB nodes support latest version in n8n ? Same problem here.

Hey @MGD,

The PR has had a couple more changes this week and it looks like it is in the ready to be merged list so in theory it should be included in one of the next couple of releases unless anything urgent pops up.

1 Like