Notion Node Update Multi Select + Check Box values

Hello again,

I want to update 2 fields in a Notion Database Page which are:

• Multi-select with 1 out of 3 values that can be selected
  • Checkbox that can be checked or unchecked.

What expression do I need to use so that I do not receive a bad error request like this:
ERROR: Bad request - please check your parameters

body failed validation. Fix one: body.properties.Done.title should be defined, instead was undefined. body.properties.Done.rich_text should be defined, instead was undefined. body.properties.Done.number should be defined, instead was undefined. body.properties.Done.url should be defined, instead was undefined. body.properties.Done.select should be defined, instead was undefined. body.properties.Done.multi_select should be defined, instead was undefined. body.properties.Done.people should be defined, instead was undefined. body.properties.Done.email should be defined, instead was undefined. body.properties.Done.phone_number should be defined, instead was undefined. body.properties.Done.date should be defined, instead was undefined. body.properties.Done.checkbox should be a boolean, instead was null. body.properties.Done.relation should be defined, instead was undefined. body.properties.Done.files should be defined, instead was undefined. body.properties.Done.status should be defined, instead was undefined. body.properties.Task.id should be defined, instead was undefined. body.properties.Task.name should be defined, instead was undefined. body.properties.Task.start should be defined, instead was undefined.

Have a nice evening

Philippe

Hi @Philippe, I am sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

I just tried updating a Notion page on [email protected] using the below workflow:

My database looks like this (with one title field, one multi-select and one checkbox):

The Notion node is set up like so:

Perhaps you can confirm how exactly your problem can be reproduced and which version of n8n you are using?

The error message coming from Notion suggests you are sending a bunch of undefined values, perhaps you are using expressions that don’t quite work (a very common problem would be this one for example)?

@MutedJam,

Don’t be sorry, I’m not having troubles, it is just my lack of knowledges that make it difficult, n8n works great! Just a matter of getting to learn how to use it enough to not having to ask for help all the time!

In Todoist I have several values I can select for “@emplacement” for example:

• Office
  • Home
  • Traveling
  • Nothing
    Same in Notion through a Multi-select column.

When I make a change in Todoist, I want to replicate it in my Tasks in Notion database page. When it is simple text, it is easy, but with Multi Select in Notion, I get this problem.
n8n is recognizing in Notion it is not a simple text that is awaited but an array. I just want to update by selecting one of the possibilities only (Office, Home, Travelling or nothing)

I hope my message is easy enough to understand without too much effort.

The workflow to replicate:

my n8n Version: 0.205.0 (Docker)

Thanks

Philippe

So I think the problem here is that both Notion and n8n expect a very specific format for non-text fields and sometimes playing around for a bit is needed to figure things out. That said, using [email protected], I could set a Multi-option value both using an array with an actual value like {{ [ "Option 2" ] }} or an empty array ({{ [ ] }}):

From looking at the screenshots you have shared it does, however, seem like the error is not caused by the multi-select field called @emplacement here. Instead, the error refers to a “Priority” field.

Perhaps you can drill down a bit more here? Try updating only one field at a time rather than multiple fields at the same time. Only once you have sorted out one field check out the next field.

@MutedJam yes, indeed my example was not clear as both @emplacement and Priority are using Multi Select.
Between yesterday and now, I have been updating n8n to version 0.209. I still get random errors when updating both Priority and @emplacement. Even if sometimes it accepts to paste the value into the multi select, it always flags an error

I noticed that with the multi select option in Notion the node will return:

• If in Todoist I select “PC Bureau” in the node Notion I get:

• If in Todoist nothing is selected in the node Notion I get instead:

Please find below the workflow working when a Todoist Task is updated:

Again thanks for your help!

Hi @Philippe, I think I need a little more information here.

If n8n is warning you in the UI because it can’t validate the input you are usually still able to execute the node and can ignore the warning.

If you are hitting a hard error (and are thus unable to execute your workflow), can you simplify your workflow a bit for me? So that it just includes the payload causing the error and the Notion node throwing the error? Also, can you confirm exactly how the Notion database referenced in your Notion ode is set up?

Otherwise I will not be able to run or test the workflow you have shared I am afraid.

Hi @MutedJam,

My bad, I think I was recalling a multi select “Done” which was not available in the previous set. Apparently everything is working now.
I will run my workflow in production mode to see if it remains stable.
Many thanks!
Philippe

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.