Numerous MySQL Errors in Logs

• n8n version: 1.24.1
  • Database (default: SQLite): Postgres
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main): main
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app): npm
  • Operating system: Ubuntu 20.0.4

I’m getting the following error that is repeating consistently, but I’m not sure why:

0|n8n  | Ignoring invalid configuration option passed to Connection: sshTunnel. This is currently a warning, but in future versions of MySQL2, an error will be thrown if you pass an invalid configuration option to a Connection
0|n8n  | Ignoring invalid configuration option passed to Connection: sshTunnel. This is currently a warning, but in future versions of MySQL2, an error will be thrown if you pass an invalid configuration option to a Connection

I’m assuming this is for the MySQL node we are using. I’ve tried both with and without the sshtunnel portion configured. Any clues as to why we are seeing this?

It looks like your topic is missing some important information. Could you provide the following if applicable.

• n8n version:
  • Database (default: SQLite):
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app):
  • Operating system:

Hey @jhambach,

It looks like that is just a warning about one of the options and shouldn’t cause any issue at the moment. I will need to check the package we are using to see if they have made any changes.

One thing I would recommend though is to use the Docker version of n8n which will include the package version that was being used when we created the image, If you are using npm there is a chance that the package will be on a different version so if they were to change the package tomorrow and you updated n8n you may run into issues that you wouldn’t see if you were using docker.

2 Likes

We actually have ran into an issue with package versions recently, but thankfully some snapshots saved us on that one. We are old school and haven’t moved anything to Docker yet, but it may be time for us to do that.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.