One GET Http call - Multiple executions

Hello everyone! I just started using n8n and it looks awesome. I have been using a platform its name starting with Z for quite some time and it got very expensive very fast :slight_smile:)
I am hoping I can get some help here.
I have a webhook setup, which a camera tether software is sending data to. from what I can see one trigger on the app side, results in 8 executions on the n8n node. I need to pass the data to that are coming at the 2nd execution only. Any other datas/executions are not needed. Can any one help me accomplish that ? I am sorry for the rookie question here :slight_smile:
Thanks

{
“nodes”: [
{
“parameters”: {
“path”: “4507a620-9757-47fe-8148-cc06baf4034f”,
“options”: {
“responseData”: “connected berti”,
“responseHeaders”: {
“entries”: [
{
“name”: “test”,
“value”: “anil”
}
]
}
}
},
“name”: “Webhook”,
“type”: “n8n-nodes-base.webhook”,
“typeVersion”: 1,
“position”: [
],
“webhookId”: “4507a620-9757-47fe-8148-cc06baf4034f”
}
],
“connections”: {}
}

Describe the issue/error/question

What is the error message (if any)?

Please share the workflow

(Select the nodes and use the keyboard shortcuts CMD+C/CTRL+C and CMD+V/CTRL+V to copy and paste the workflow respectively)

Share the output returned by the last node

Information on your n8n setup

• n8n version:
  • Database you’re using (default: SQLite):
  • Running n8n with the execution process [own(default), main]:
  • Running n8n via [Docker, npm, n8n.cloud, desktop app]:

Hi Berty, we can’t import your code due to how the forum interprets text. When you copy code into the forum, you need to first click on the </> icon above the forum text input box and then paste your code inside.

1 Like

Hey @Berti,

Have you checked the data that is being sent? I don’t think the issue is with your workflow as it should only be executing when an http request comes in.

I suspect what is happening is there are actually multiple requests being sent over that 5 second period, what software are you using and is it set to only trigger on certain actions or is it something like any movement detected?

2 Likes

Jon, I was able to filter messages to only get one block instead of plenty! Thank you for the response!

2 Likes

Glad to hear you sorted it out, many thanks for confirming @Berti!

1 Like

Everyone in this post I want to thank you for your input. I am trying to build a workflow and I realize I am far from being good in JS and proper formatting. So, any of you here willing to help me of course I am more than happy to pay for your time and talent?

The workflow looks like this:

Webhook ----> Webhook Data (string split) ---->Use the string split result to Search Airtable table ----->An IF condition —>Certain Airtable fields ‘IsEmpty’ than Update two fields in the Airtable record found previously OR False —> Do nothing.
I am loving this thing and I do realize good things dont come easy :slight_smile:

THanks again!