Only Execute Telegram Node when Message starts With a certain word

Hey just a quick question here, using 1.30.1 n8n in web browser
just wondering if when using json to limit the words that execute the telegram trigger in my workflow, i do have if statements setup but that still means it triggers an execution, id like it to not use an execution if the messages sent to a telegram chat is not equal to certain words as to limit the use of executions for my bot

setting telegram trigger node to {{ message.startsWith(‘/image’) || message.startsWith(‘/prompt’) }} does not work as it says the value cannot be “”

• n8n version: 1.30.1
  • Database (default: SQLite): default
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main): Telegram Trigger
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app): Website
  • Operating system: Windows 11

It looks like your topic is missing some important information. Could you provide the following if applicable.

• n8n version:
  • Database (default: SQLite):
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app):
  • Operating system:

Hey @CeLeRiTY,

Welcome to the community :tada:

I have just taken a quick look at the node and the Telegram API and it doesn’t look like there is an option to only have Telegram send events when a certain phrase is used at the moment. This does sound like something we could possibly workaround in the node but we would still have to deal with the incoming requests to the cloud instance.

I have converted this to a feature request so we can track the votes and think about handling this.