Only execute the workflow if a checkbox in a Notion Database is checked

I want to create a flow that only executes once a checkbox value in a Notion database is checked (True). if it is not checked (False) nothing happens. I tried to play around with the IF operator in n8n but in vein. Your guidance is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Hi @l3zaf

Welcome to n8n community :tada:

Have you tried Boolean Option in IF node?

What error you’re exactly getting?

2 Likes

Thank you for the welcome, mate.
Using IF node was my intuition too. But I got stuck. I could not properly configure it. It runs without the box being checked in Notion.

2 Likes

Mind sharing the workflow you have created?
It’ll be really helpful to find what you’re doing wrong :smiley:

1 Like

Hope you don’t mind me chipping in on this. I do have a workflow that only fetches items from Notion when a checkbox is set. In my Notion node (the regular one, not the trigger) I am using a filter like this:

This way, the node only returns items where my Abgeschlossen checkbox is not set, but this should of course also work the other way round and seems like the easiest approach to me.

When using an IF node, you could use a Boolean condition with an expression like {{$json["Abgeschlossen"]}} (where Abgeschlossen is your field name):

If none of this helps it’d be great if you could share your workflow as suggested by @mcnaveen and ideally also an example of the data returned by your Notion node :slight_smile:

1 Like