Outlook Attachments to FileMaker

Describe the problem/error/question

I’m seeing an error when attempting to get attachments from emails and create records in FileMaker.

There are a couple of things that don’t look right. The number of attachments goes from 11 to 121 to 66.

The ‘DownloadAttachment’ node always seems to be the previous number of items squared, like it is running for each item, but then all items. I can’t see how I would get it to run on only each attachment. I need to run the GetAttachments node, as I need the ID in the next node.

My final step is failing because it is not reading the ID from the earlier node.

It can see the data on the left, when selecting it, but doesn’t show on the right.

We believe this was working correctly before the OAuth issues last wee, but it may be unrelated. We also updated our version as part of this.

What is the error message (if any)?

NodeOperationError: The action "Can’t get data for expression" is not implemented yet!
    at Object.execute (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-nodes-base/dist/nodes/FileMaker/FileMaker.node.js:711:19)
    at processTicksAndRejections (node:internal/process/task_queues:95:5)
    at Workflow.runNode (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-workflow/dist/Workflow.js:672:19)
    at /usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-core/dist/WorkflowExecute.js:652:53

Please share your workflow

Share the output returned by the last node

The desired result in this case is a record for each attachment created in FileMaker, with the email ID as a foreign key, and the corresponding Email record created.

Information on your n8n setup

• n8n version: 1.18.0
  • Database (default: SQLite): -
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main): -
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app): n8n cloud
1 Like

I have figured how to use the old node version of the Outlook ‘Download An Attachment’ node and no longer have either problem.

Issue appears to be with this node.

1 Like

Hi @Rob_Hopkins, I am very sorry you’re having trouble.

The ‘DownloadAttachment’ node always seems to be the previous number of items squared, like it is running for each item, but then all items. I can’t see how I would get it to run on only each attachment. I need to run the GetAttachments node, as I need the ID in the next node.

I was able to reproduce this problem and will add this to our bug tracker for a closer look and fix.

1 Like

New version [email protected] got released which includes the GitHub PR 8566.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.