Outlook node add category to mail problems

Hi,

I want my n8n workflow to add a category to my Outlook mails.
To do that, I added the node Outlook > Message > Update and selected “Category names or ID” in “Update fields”.
But I have two problems.

First I tried simple thing: I simply selected a category, like so:
And here come the first problem: in Outlook, it added a category but named with the ID of the selected category !
Here is what it should do:

Second take with the ID of the category as an expression but… got an error:

I understand that it wants an array, so I replaced b63e9094-3900-497b-8279-c0690a921d38 by ['b63e9094-3900-497b-8279-c0690a921d38'] but it triggers the same error. (Tried without the quotes too).

So it seems that I can’t do anything from now. The first problem is surely a bug, maybe the second problem is my fault in which case I’m curious of what to send as category parameter ! :slight_smile:

Edit: Perhaps I should have created two topics, since there are two separate problems, even though it’s the same node?

Information on your n8n setup

• n8n version: 0.231.2
  • Database (default: SQLite): Postgresql
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main): main
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app): Docker
  • Operating system: Linux/UnRAID

Hey @CodeRider883,

I suspect we might be sending the wrong value I will have to check the api to see what needs to change on Monday.

1 Like

Hi,

Is there any news about this problem? :slight_smile:

Hey @CodeRider883,

Not yet a couple of important issues popped up that needed to be looked at. I will put this one down for tomorrow afternoon.

Hey @CodeRider883,

I have just put in a fix for this and it should be available in a new release soon once it has been reviewed.

2 Likes

Hi,
Thank you very much ! Waiting for the new release

Hi,

I tested your fix (I manually modified the file to apply your change) but I have a problem.
If I select a category from the list, it works:

But if I try to set a category via expression, it doesn’t work anymore (here I juste switched from “Fixed” to “Expression”:

I tried with ["Test"] but it doesn’t work either.
Do you have a solution ?

Hey @CodeRider883,

That is odd I was sure I tested that, Can you try {{ ["Test"] }} and see if that works.

1 Like

Yes it works, thank you so much !

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

New version [email protected] got released which includes the GitHub PR 6583.

1 Like