Pinned Data doesn't work

##Describe the issue/error/question

Trying to run a node using pinned data input doesn’t work. I have a receive webhook node to gather form information. I try to pin that data and use it in a second node, and the second node won’t work. I have to re-run the webhook every time, making the pinned data pretty useless I feel.

##What is the error message (if any)?

Waiting for a Trigger node to execute. Close this view to see the Workflow Canvas.

Information on your n8n setup

• **n8n version: 0.190.0
  • Database you’re using (default: SQLite):
  • Running n8n with the execution process [own(default), main]:
  • **Running n8n via Docker

Hi @Greg_Hadley, I am so sorry to hear you’re having trouble with this.

I have used data pinning a few times now but didn’t run into the problem you have described so far. Can you perhaps share your workflow?

Its just receiving a form, and then taking that data which Ill eventually send to a function node.

1 Like

Thanks so much for the example @Greg_Hadley! I could reproduce the problem and have added this to our internal bug tracker for a closer look.

1 Like

Hi @MutedJam I’m having a different issue with the pinned data. In my situation, if I edit pinned output, I can see the edits and save them clearly- however when I run the next node, my edits are ignored. Instead I’m getting the un-editing pinned data as input to the following nodes.

I mention this as it might be related to the other pinned data issues being reported. It seems there’s are several “versions” of the output data being tracked somehow ( actual output, pinned output, and edited pinned output ).

2 Likes

Hi @memetican

The new version might fix your issues. There is some fixes made according to the changelog.

1 Like