POST HTTP request getaddrinfo error

When we are trying to hit HTTP request around 500 then it shows error like this

Hi @Jeneel - welcome to the community :tada:

You’ve unfortunately removed our base template when creating this post, which would have valuable information that the community needs to assist you. From that screenshot, I can’t say much beyond it being a server issue, possibly due to an incorrect HTTP request address.

Can you provide your n8n version, how you’re using n8n (cloud or self-hosted, and if self-hosted, how you are self-hosting), and your workflow?

1 Like

It is hosted with the help of elast.io
[redacted workflow information]

Hi @Jeneel - that error is indicating a DNS failure of either EAI_NODATA or EAI_NONAME . This could suggest an issue with your hosting environment, and if so, you’ll need to get in touch with them.

What you can do is consider adding these retry options:

I also noticed you posted a token that likely wasn’t meant to be public, so I’ve redacted your post to remove it :+1: But thank you for posting it, as that also helped!

That being said, you should probably change those credentials to be safe :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I have already setup this thing tries is 5

Hi @Jeneel - if you’ve already set up retries, then you’ll unfortunately need to get in touch with your hosting provider as to why this error is happening.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.