Problem with MSSQL Node since update (its just me?)

Hello guys,

I’ve been using N8N On Prem for over 2 years. In the last few months, I haven’t had to create or modify any workflows, but when I accessed it today to build a new workflow, I found 10 pending updates. So, I decided to update to the latest version and get back to work.

I’m having a LOT of difficulty using the Microsoft SQL Node. I’m trying to use Expressions to pass information to a query, but I write 3-5 times, and when I close the node, everything I wrote is lost.

Sometimes I try to write {{ $input }} and every time I write it and press enter to move to the next line, {{ $input}} disappears. It’s really impossible to work with this node, I have to write the entire query in another node (just to make it easier to use expressions) and then copy it back to the Microsoft SQL node.

The problem only occurs with this node, I’ve already restarted the container, tried other browsers, tested on another machine. The problem persists in all scenarios.

Heres a video showing the problem:

  • **n8n version: latest
  • **Database (default: SQLite): sqlite
  • **n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main): main
  • **Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app): Docker
  • Operating system: ubuntu

It looks like your topic is missing some important information. Could you provide the following if applicable.

  • n8n version:
  • Database (default: SQLite):
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app):
  • Operating system:

Hey @fellipe.rocha,

It looks like this was found internally yesterday as well and a potential fix is already underway so this will hopefully be fixed soon. You can follow the PR below which while doesn’t mention the SQL node it should fix the issue with expressions not loading correctly.

New version [email protected] got released which includes the GitHub PR 8621.