qs.customFieldMask.join is not a function / Google Workspace Admin node

Describe the problem/error/question

When using Google Workspace Admin with custom schema, I get error.
Same call using same credentials works fine via Google test interface.

What is the error message (if any)?

qs.customFieldMask.join is not a function

Information on your n8n setup

• n8n version: 1.20.0

It looks like your topic is missing some important information. Could you provide the following if applicable.

• n8n version:
  • Database (default: SQLite):
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app):
  • Operating system:

Running your generic cloud version hosted by you.

Hi @Mateusz_Bijakowski, I am sorry you’re having trouble.

From looking at the qs.customFieldMask.join is not a function error message it appears the node is expecting an array rather than a string. Perhaps you want to try using an expression (not a fixed value) of {{ ["Employee_Information"] }} here? Like so:

1 Like

Hi,
This works, thank you for the help.

But also I’m really not happy about it.
If what I’m pushing is correctly formatted (array), I shouldn’t have to use expressions that are otherwise not needed here as nothing get’s referenced and no JS is used.

I wouldn’t be surprised as much by this if it would be a manual https call but this is a pre-made node that.

On the flip side I really like that it correctly handles paging and I can pull a whole domain in one go, it’s probably a main benefit of pre-made nodes like this.

1 Like

HI @Mateusz_Bijakowski, I understand the frustration and actually share it to some extent. It’s often hard to figure out how to use some of our nodes when going beyond the default options. I’m sorry for the trouble this has caused.

That said, our product and design teams do read these forum posts regularly, so sharing your experiences here will help us to improve them.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.