Reading Gmail emails by Label

Hello,

I am absolutely loving n8n! I’m doing reasonably well getting my head around the various functions. I am however stuck on something quite basic despite following the guides (or so I think!).

Basically I am trying to fetch emails with the label “LogTest”. n8n can access my emails and “Label Ids” correctly gives me a list of all the labels in my account. However on execution it pays no attention to the label. Instead it simply fetches the last emails in my account. What am I doing wrong?

Great to hear that you enjoy n8n!

Thanks a lot for reporting this. Looks for me like you are doing everything correctly. So also tested and I have the same problem. So it looks like a bug. We will have a look and repair it asap.

2 Likes

Thanks very much Jan, nice to know it wasn’t me doing something wrong!

Got already fixed and merged:
https://github.com/n8n-io/n8n/pull/1499

It will be released with the next version.

Got released with [email protected]

Thank you for fixing this so quickly, working perfectly now!

Glad to hear! Have fun!

Hello,

I have not used n8n for a couple months due to problems associates with the size of my sqlite.database. This has now been resolved (thank you for your separate help on this!).

Now that n8n is running again, I can report that this bug seems to have reoccurred exactly as per my original post here. I am using the exact same workflow which used to work so something recent has broken this.

Hey @jppanchaud,

I tested it with versions 0.141.0 and 0.141.1, and I was able to replicate the issue. May I know which version are you using? I also tested this on v0.138.0 and it works well.

You can either downgrade to 0.138.0 or setup the N8N_USE_DEPRECATED_REQUEST_LIB=true environment variable. For more information, check out this post: Get Cookie After Login - #10 by Edson_Rodrigues

Hi @harshil1712

Thank you as always for the amazing support at n8n! I downgraded to 0.138.0 and it is working fine again. I was on 0.141.1.

I have just upgraded to 0.142.0 and it does look like the released fix is working :slight_smile:

1 Like