Redis unable to connect - different errors

Hi,

We are using DigitalOcean for Redis, already found out that on DO we need to disable TLS to make N8N work , so developer has disabled it already.

When saving credentials without SSL it will keep spinning and doesnt save at all. When we enable SSL, it will save, but we will get this error when using the DB.

• n8n version: Community Edition
  • Database (default: SQLite): Redis
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main): ?
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app): Linonode VPS
  • Operating system: Ubuntu 22

Can anyone see what we are doing wrong here?

It looks like your topic is missing some important information. Could you provide the following if applicable.

• n8n version:
  • Database (default: SQLite):
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app):
  • Operating system:

Welcome to the community @davetappy :tada:

First of all, you’re right that you need to disable TLS/SSL encryption on your DigitalOcean managed Redis instance to connect to n8n (see thread: Redis credentials failing (TLS issue?)).

The “Node has no access to credential” error you’re seeing suggests that a node in a workflow tried to access a credential that it does not have permission to use - are you the owner of the credential or is it from another team member?

Yes, I saw this mentioned in another discussion, so we reached out to DigitalOcean. They confirmed that “SSL is disabled for the DB service.”

In the DigitalOcean settings, I see a username, but there doesn’t seem to be a username field in n8n?

Also, when I enable SSL in the n8n credentials, it saves correctly. However, when I try to disable SSL, it just keeps saying “saving” but doesn’t actually save.

What you’re seeing here is n8n not being able to successfully connect to Redis which is expected.

But the [Error: Node has no access to credential] suggests that you’ve managed to connect Redis to n8n but it’s trying to access a credential that it does not have permission to use. Were you the one who created the credential? Could you try recreating a new credential again?

When we disable SSL in n8n, it gives error.

If we use SSL its connecting and gives succesfull connected message, so the credentials are working?

Just tested with this module, and Redis seems to work with SSL enabled in the connecton.

Only when using the Redis Memory in the AI Agent it gives error?