Reorder outputs in Switch does not reorder output connections

Describe the problem/error/question

If I start with a Switch module, then add a new input at the bottom and move it to the top, the outputs are re-ordered on the canvas but the connections are not updated.

For example, if I:

1. Start with two connections “Two” and “Three”, with downstream flows “Two” and “Three” connected appropriately
  2. Then add a new input “One” and move it to the top of the list in the switch module

Then

1. The downstream flow “Two” which was connected to output “Two” becomes connected to the new “One” output. Downstream flow “Three” becomes connected to “Two” in the same way.

What is the error message (if any)?

No error message, this happens silently.

Here is the initial switch configuration and workflow:

Now I add a third output labelled “One” at the bottom:

And now I re-order the outputs in the switch module so “One” is at the top:

As you can see, Output “One” is now connected to the Two downstream flow, and output “Two” is now connected to the Three downstream flow.

Information on your n8n setup

• n8n version: 1.33.1
  • Database (default: SQLite): Postgres
1 Like

It looks like your topic is missing some important information. Could you provide the following if applicable.

• n8n version:
  • Database (default: SQLite):
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app):
  • Operating system:

Hey @Lee_S,

That is a great spot, I have managed to reproduce this and have created NODE-1273 as the internal ticket to have this looked into.

2 Likes

New version [email protected] got released which includes the GitHub PR 9055.

Thanks for the update @jan! I’ll upgrade shortly.

Hello, I thought that I do something wrong, but I am glad it turned out like this. I have 10 items in my switch component and it’s quite pain in the … to reorder every single one when I want to add the eleventh item.

At least screenshots of “before reordering” state helps me.

Thanks.

Zbyněk