Repeated issue with credentials Microsoft excel

Describe the problem/error/question

I keep on getting this when I try connect my microsoft account and authorise it. I have correctly added the client ID and Secret already but this is appearing. Could this be due to my companies method of authorising my email account.

What is the error message (if any)?

My workflow everything works except the microsoft excel maybe I have to switch to Google sheets?

Information on your n8n setup

  • n8n version: selfhost
  • Database (default: SQLite):
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app): railway
  • Operating system:

Hey @Marcus_SPS, while you wait for a response, here are some things that might help:

Suggested resources

Automatically matched to your question.

Docs:

Forum:

@Mookie_Lian, @Erick_Torres, @hubschrauber - you’ve helped with similar issues before, can you take a look?

Automatically suggested by n8n’s community bot. It’s a pilot - please share feedback here.

Hi @Marcus_SPS Welcome!
invalid_client is Microsoft rejecting the client secret itself, which happens before your tenant’s consent policy is ever evaluated, so this isn’t your company’s sign-in method. In Entra the Secret ID sits right next to the Secret Value and the Value is only shown once, so the ID gets pasted by mistake very often, and an expired secret returns the same error.
In your app registration go to Certificates & secrets > Client secrets > New client secret, then copy the Secret in the Value column and paste that into the credential as the Client Secret. While you’re there, check the redirect URI is registered under the Web platform, not Single-page application.

So I need the Secret Value not ID?

@Marcus_SPS Hi! Copy the secret ID value, not the ID itself

Hi @Marcus_SPS I think, my reply should have been marked as a solution :smiley: