Hi, i’m looking to connect to mogenius API ( Refresh-Tokens (mogenius.com)) using the http node to manage my container hosted on their platform.
- To use the API, i will need to send a login request to generate an accessToken.
- The accesstoken is required for all other API functions.
- The accesstoken will expire after like 3 days.
- The accesstoken is issued per device.
- They will issue an accessToken along with a refreshToken. refreshToken is used to generate new accessToken (with new validity) for the same device.
I can simply use the Login API request using http node to generate a new accesstoken and continue doing other stuffs using that token on single execution. If i’m using this method, each execution will register new device with their own accesstoken, and I will ended up with a super long list of devices/tokens in my account dashboard. They suggested to utilise the refreshToken API to generate a new accessToken for the same device. So there will be only 1 device linked to the account with dynamic accessToken every time I called the refresh token request before doing other tasks.
- The accessToken cannot be saved as permanent credential as it has short validity.
- I’m looking for a way to use the refresh token API to generate a new accessToken to be passed on the next node, at the same time save the new refreshToken somewhere in n8n to be called/used for the next execution cycle. Each cycle will replace & save the new refreshToken string.
I’m executing this Login API manually only 1 time time to register the n8n connection and generate the initial refreshToken. Tried to save it as binary as the source of refreshToken for future execution.
- n8n version: 0.217.2
- Database you’re using (default: SQLite): postgresql
- Running n8n with the execution process [own(default), main]: default
- Running n8n via [Docker, npm, n8n.cloud, desktop app]: docker