Retry all executions Failed button

I would like to suggest a button on the Executions screen that could perform the massive execution of all workflows that failed, allowing you to select several at once.

yes. Actually this would be a great time saver.
Sometimes Servers are super busy with other tasks and therefore send a 400 error back to n8n.
For that it would be nice to restart a bunch of tasks again on one click.

Does anybody know a workaround for that?

Hello!

With the new version, we have added the functionality to run failed workflows again. You can read about it in the documentation.

1 Like

Hi @harshil1712,
I just updated to the current version. Now I see the “Auto refresh” checkbox on the top-right corner of the executions tab.

But I can’t find how to re-trigger more than one workflow at once.
Example:
I filter the workflows to “Workflow 1” and “Errors”. Then I check all of the filtered workflows and then?

Would be great if you could help me here :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot!

Hey @alexhammerschmied!

Are you storing the failed executions of your workflows? If yes, you can see the retry option in the Executions pannel , right next to the status.

yes. I know that one.
The question was if there is a way to trigger all failed workflows again with only one click?

Otherwise it takes a lot of time to go through it one by one.

1 Like

This sounds like a useful feature, Alex — thanks for bringing it up.

Could you give some more details on when this would be useful for you? For example, is it because the errors are intermittent and the workflows are likely to succeed when you retry?

Thanks!

Hi @sirdavidoff
yes sure.
Exactly, the errors are usually happening because the servers are busy at the time the initial workflow is running.

It gives me this error description back (~ every 30th time):

Error: Mautic Error: HTTP status 400 at Object.mauticApiRequest (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-nodes-base/dist/nodes/Mautic/GenericFunctions.js:45:15) at processTicksAndRejections (internal/process/task_queues.js:97:5)

For that it would be awesome to just re-run all failed workflows again. And then look only at the few which actually caused an error due to not-allowed/defined values or operations.

1 Like

Thanks — makes sense!

Hi
any idea if this was ever implemented ?

No, did not get implemented yet.

Any updates?

Hey @kidrulit,

I have not seen anything on this one yet, It could be that it is something being saved for when we overhaul the Exections List page. @sirdavidoff may have more information on this one.

1 Like

Would love to see this. I’m sitting here re-running one at a time. There are 30. They each take 2 mins. Gaaaah.