Run n8n docker image above `1.26.0` on RaspberryPi

Describe the problem/error/question

I run N8n on docker on a raspberrypi. The latest compatible version is 1.26.0 : Docker

1. Why are all the images after this one not taged with arm/v7?
  2. Do you plan to make it compatible?
  3. How can I update to latest version on raspberrypi?

It looks like your topic is missing some important information. Could you provide the following if applicable.

• n8n version:
  • Database (default: SQLite):
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app):
  • Operating system:

It is compatible, I am running 1.33.1 on a pi right now

just add the specific version in your docker command/compose file and it should work fine. I updated a couple days ago this exact way

docker.n8n.io/n8nio/n8n:1.33.1

Hey @LucBerge,

We dropped support for ARM/v7 as there were blocking issues in the build process. This will impact some older Pi devices but not all of them.

I can’t remember the differences between the Pi models but it might be Pi 3 that is needed now.

You can try building the image yourself or using npm but at the moment arm/v7 is not supported and I am not sure if that will change.

1 Like
  • Raspberry Pi 2: Cortex-A7 β†’ arm/v7 β†’ Not compatible anymore
  • Raspberry Pi 3: Cortex-A53 β†’ arm/v8 β†’ Compatible
  • Raspberry Pi 4: Cortex-A72 β†’ arm/v8 β†’ Compatible
  • Raspberry Pi 5: Cortex-A76 β†’ arm/v8 β†’ Compatible

What is weird is that it should be compatible with my Raspberry Pi 3B+ but it is not. Maybe there is something wrong with my docker engine.

Are you using a 32 bit OS?

Yes, this is the issue. I have to install Raspbian 64bits. I’ll keep you updated.

I confirm the problem is that I was running a 32bit OS on my Raspberry Pi 3.

You can check whether you are running a 32bit or 64bit with the following command:

uname -m

armv7 = 32bit
aarch = 64bit

Solution: install Rasbian 64bit OS.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.