[runtipi] Issue with n8n Generating Non-HTTPS Redirect URL for Google OAuth

Hello everyone,

I am setting up OAuth authentication for the Gmail API using n8n on a Runtipi install on a VPS Ubuntu server. However, the ‘OAuth Redirect URL’ generated does not include the HTTPS protocol, which is a requirement by Google for authentication purposes. My server is properly configured to use HTTPS. Could anyone guide me on how to get n8n to generate a redirect URL with HTTPS?

Thank you for your assistance!

What is the error message (if any)?

## Share the output returned by the last node
<!-- If you need help with data transformations, please also share your expected output. -->

## Information on your n8n setup
- **n8n version:**
- **Database (default: SQLite):**
- **n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):**
- **Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app):runtipi
- **Operating system:**

It looks like your topic is missing some important information. Could you provide the following if applicable.

• n8n version:
  • Database (default: SQLite):
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app):
  • Operating system:

Information on your n8n setup

• n8n version: 0.237.0
  • Database (default: SQLite): SQLite
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app): runtipi
  • Operating system: Ubuntu (on VPS)

Hi @Lakpo, welcome to the community!

Seeing you mentioned

My server is properly configured to use HTTPS. Could anyone guide me on how to get n8n to generate a redirect URL with HTTPS?

By best guess is that the WEBHOOK_URL environment variable on your system does not include the https protocol. Despite the name, this environment variable is not only used to build the webhook URLs shown in the n8n UI, but also to set the OAuth2 redirect target.

So perhaps in a first step you can try updating this variable, then re-try the authentication flow?

1 Like

Hello, sorry for the late reply, but the runtipi developers have corrected the configuration.

1 Like

Great to hear, thanks for confirming @Lakpo!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.