Salesforce: Id appear to end user instead of type name

Hi,

I am using salesforce update account node to integrate between ERP and Salesforce.

While mapping values, a end-user reported that ids were appearing in SF instead of the “type name”.

Node:

Salesforce end-user view:

Each ID should reflect a type name in SF.

Do you have any suggestions for what I should do?

Thanks and regards,
Antoine

Hey @lequeuxa,

It looks like that is setting what is being sent, Is this something new or something that has always happened?

Hi,

It seems it has changed recently because the integration has been running for a few months now and there was no error like this one.

How can I make sure the type name appears instead? Should I use the type name instead of the Id in the condition? It seems I can’t use Type Name if I am using an expression:

Thanks a lot,
Antoine

Hey @Jon

Any idea how I could solve this?

I am having a lot of feedbacks from End-User who struggle to map the field ID with the value, it has been running for months without any feedback like this one so I guess it might be related to a recent update, any guess?

Thanks

Hey @lequeuxa,

What error did you get if you tried using the typename? Did you update n8n before this issue occured?

Hi,

I will try update an account using the Type Name instead of the ID to check if it works, I was just following the caption above the question mark saying I need to specify an ID if using an expression, maybe it is not mandatory.

I also see that I am using a condition with an ID in an expression for another field named “Account record type” and it is mapping it right:

But I have just seen the datatype is slightly different in Salesforce:

So it might just be that, I will try to use the Type Name to check if it works thanks.

I have done many N8N updates meanwhile so I can’t say if it is direclty related.

Keeping you posted!

1 Like

Ok it is solved this way, probably because of the data type difference :slight_smile:

Thanks for your help

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.