Salesforce sandbox

Totally new to integration. my org uses n8n. I need to create accounts and contacts in salesforce sandbox from our global data entry g sheets as an when it is updated? i tried reading all the docs… handicap… Dont know any type of coding or scripts…

Welcome to the community @Jaison_Joseph

So you need to sync a Google Spreadsheet with Salesforce? I’m guessing you have two separate sheets: one with accounts and the other with contacts? So you need to keep them in sync with the respective resource in Salesforce?

If that is the case, you would need a Google Sheet Trigger. Sadly, that trigger is being worked on. However, there are some walk-rounds that you can use. For example, install a plugin in Google Sheets that calls a webhook in n8n every time a sheet is updated. The other option it’s to poll the Google Sheets API and act in when changes are found.

That was right off the top of my head, without knowing all the details. Depending on your constraints, that might change.

Thanks Ricardo…
I am bit lost on this… so the G sheet trigger is down !! will that take long to get fixed.
if that’s the case Could you please elaborate the first method… As i am new to this may be, if possible step by step guide would be of much help.

regards

Jaison

I am bit lost on this… so the G sheet trigger is down !! will that take long to get fixed.

Perhaps I did not explain myself correctly. It’s not down, it’s under development.

if that’s the case Could you please elaborate the first method… As i am new to this may be, if possible step by step guide would be of much help.

The plugin it’s the one below. Just add it to your Google Sheets and use the webhooks’s node URL.

To understands how webhooks work you might want to check the following post.

Welcome, @Jaison_Joseph!

Let us know if this clears things up for you. If it doesn’t, we can always go into more detail.

Please I need step by step guidance to achieve the task. I have been watching videos and documents to figure it out… no luck!! Seems like a complicated task to achieve as far I am concerned … Any chance I speak to some one… I also have other tAsk Sui g n8n like syncing Airmeet, encharge etc … right now my focus is to get Gsheet global data connected to Salesforce’s using cron or interval … Any clear path to achieve this we
Would be great help

Ok, I recorded a video for a community member a couple of months ago. It’s the same process. The only thing you have to do differently is to change the Trigger Data event. Read the post and watch the video.

https://www.loom.com/share/9c700967f2b044128d0ae39c99c9132c