Save body email as PDF

Describe the issue/error/question

I am trying to save to PDF the body of an email. I have thought to use the field HTML from IMAP node to convert to PDF but I haven’t found the way to do it.
Do someone some idea about how can I do it?

Any help will be welcome.
Thank you very much for your time and patient!
BR!

Please share the workflow

Information on your n8n setup

• **n8n version:**0.182.0
  • Database you’re using (default: SQLite): N/A
  • **Running n8n with the execution process [own(default), main]:**own
  • **Running n8n via [Docker, npm, n8n.cloud, desktop app]:**desktop app

Hi @franchogarcia, this isn’t an operation built into n8n I am afraid. You could use an API for the job, for example OneSimpleAPI. n8n has a node for it, but it only supports converting HTML coming from a URL into a PDF.

If you want to use your email HTML you’d need to use the HTTP Request node. Like so:

Your credentials would need to be set up like so (Name = token, Value would be your actual token):

The above workflow would transform this:

Into a PDF like this:

3 Likes

Thank you very much @MutedJam!! You are the best! :blush:
Do you think that your solution will support embebed pictures into the html code? IMAP returns the embebed pictures into the body as base64.

1 Like

I doubt it tbh, but it’s worth simply trying it out. If not, it could be worth checking directly with the folks offering this API. I believe @Jon mentioned they’re pretty active when it comes to the development of their tool.

There might be other APIs out there as well, though I am not super familiar with this space.

Okey, thank you very much again @MutedJam!!

1 Like