Searching for a row in table

Guys,
I am moving from Make.com and searching tables in Google Spreadsheet, Airtable or Nocodb was quite a frequent action. Cannot find how to do that in n8n? Actually, the tool doesn’t that much important but would like to know how to do that in Nocode or Airtable.
My use case is that I need to find a ROW by providing values of two columns to get the ROW ID and then update a particular row with new values.

Thanks in advance!

Hi @Saravicius,
you can do what you need with both the Airtable and Nocodb Nodes.

Airtable
Use the List operation, add the URL of the Base and Table (same URL).
Then activate the field “Filter By Formula” in “Additional Options”. There you can write a formula to select the items you want to modify.
E.g. formula to find all records with region “Europe” and country “Germany”: AND(region = "Europe", customerCountry = "Germany")

NocoDB
Use the Get Many operation, add the project and table IDs (or names).
Then activate the field “Filter By Formula” in “Options”. There you can write a formula to select the items you want to modify.
I currently don’t have a NocoDB at hand, but the formula should be similar to what you have in Airtable. More info about NocoDB formula syntax here.

Find a demo workflow here:

(The NocoDB configuration is not complete)

Let me know if this solves your problem.
Best

As far as filtering results with NocoDB, that “Filter by Formula” under “Options” is pretty good. Here’s a list of the kind of input it expects.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.