Seeking Recommendations for Hosting Environment to Test and Deploy n8n for a Beginner

Hello, I’m a beginner eager to delve into creating chatbots and automation tasks. I am looking for a straightforward, effective, and budget-friendly hosting environment to test and deploy n8n.

Could anyone recommend a hosting provider that meets these criteria? Are there any free or economically priced solutions that are particularly well-suited for beginners?

I currently use shared hosting with o2switch in France. However, I understand that shared hosting may not be ideal for this purpose.

I appreciate any advice or suggestions you can provide. Thank you!

It looks like your topic is missing some important information. Could you provide the following if applicable.

• n8n version:
  • Database (default: SQLite):
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app):
  • Operating system:

Hey @Wil_WilOnWeb,

Just for learning you could run n8n on a Pi if you have one, But if you wanted a cloud provider the Oracle Free tier is pretty good or there are services like Linode, OVH, Hetzner, Digital Ocean and of course Azure, AWS and Google Cloud.

I would take a look at each and see which one fits your needs.

2 Likes

I can recommend Hetzner as easy, cheap and well working hosting. You can create a server and select docker (ubuntu). Or as I prefer, create a server with debian and then install docker the manual way described on the docker website. Btw. you can select an arm64 server (cax), lowest plan for n8n.
Then follow the instructions here:

Worked flawlessly for me.

2 Likes

with google cloud i can get a free plan ?

I think with heroku too we can get free plan ? ( i saw that on youtube )

I managed to launch it on Windows with my web browser
But is it a good idea to learn with this or will I have limitations?

if you get a refferal link for hetzner, there are 20€ free to test. any youtuber that does videos about hetzner should have such a link in their videos.

1 Like

I tried several hostings in Europe and overseas. Finally I stayed with Hetzner, because they offer high quality hosting with self built tools and technologies. The server never went down and their tools simply work. I also like their self-built control panel. For my webserver I use hestia on Debian 12. For the n8n installation I simply installed Debian and Docker, then followed the n8n installation tutorial, which just worked immediately. So I can recommend them safely.

3 Likes

Hey, good moorning mandrael.
Just found your post while searching for a cloud solution.
Since I just want to test and play with n8n on a cloud - you mentioned, the smallest package with arm64 server would be enough.
On the page I find for example CAX11 - for €3,79.
Ist that the package you mean?
As I said, for now just testing the pipeline in the cloud - and maybe later upgrade to a better solution.
Thank you! :slight_smile:

as n8n often update, and these update are important to do
I host a free version of cloudron.io at hetzner
Cloudron Teams are serious about config and update and their product make the update automagically happen.
While with Hetzner you could spin all this for less than 4Euros.

1 Like

Yes, exactly, cax11 is what I use. I don’t think you need to upgrade.
Cloudron sounds interesting, but the update is quite easy. Cloud be done with cron and a script:

# Pull latest version
docker compose pull

# Stop and remove older version
docker compose down

# Start the container
docker compose up -d

Best, Michael

1 Like

hehe, I was not patient enough and just got it - and it works just great!
Thank you for the recommendation, super happy with the cax11 and smallest bundle! :smiley:
n8n is already running and doing its jobs :slight_smile:

1 Like

don’t forget to backup (just in case)
and prune :wink:

docker image prune