Sending pdf attachment with Send Email node does't show up in iOS mail

On Mac everything is fine, other clients too. Might be an apple bug, my question: is there a way to force or properly include some code in the HTML body to make sure it shows up?

All other pdf attachments display fine, it’s only my n8n workflow emails that have this problem.

Send Email node: Attachments set to data.

HTML I use:

<style>
  a {
    color: black;
    text-decoration: none;
  }
</style>

Hi….<br /><br />

Text text text<br /><br />

Website: <a href="www.website.com”>www.website.com</a><br /><br /><br />

After testing more, the problem is specific if Send Mail is formatted to HTML. If it’s set to Text, no problem.

Not using HTML is a solution, but then you can’t format it the way you want, or use HTML signatures.

Hi @blueberry, I am sorry you’re having trouble.

I was able to reproduce the problem. From searching this problem it seems iOS only shows attachments for “mixed” messages but not pure HTML messages:

Unfortunately, n8n’s “Send Email” node does not currently support such mixed messages. This appears to be problematic behaviour in iOS’s mail application, but it might still be worth for us to take a closer look into whether we can fix this. I’ll add it to our bug tracker so the engineering team can take a closer look into whether we can offer this option going forward.

2 Likes

Hey @blueberry,

Can you check again using 1.4 of n8n and select the both option for the mail to see if that helps?

Hej there,

have the same problem using 1.4 :frowning:

Hey @xcojonny,

Are you using the both option for HTML and text when sending the email?

Yes. I tried the both option. But it wasn’t working.

Hey @xcojonny,

Perfect, I will take a look and see if there is anything else we could try my understanding was that should then give mixed message support which the iOS mail app needs.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.