Serious corruption Bug - workflow corruption

Describe the issue/error/question

I have had a workflow to use as an Error Node - it is simple - it gets the environment variable and posts a message to Google Chat. I edited it recently and then saved it.
I wasnt thinking so I also clicked the “InActive” toggle on the top right which obviously complained the node could not be activated.
I then exited out of the workflow and didnt think much of it.
As I was triyng to answer another forum question here, I wanted t go back and take a screesnhot of a node and the workflow is a total mess - it has added a ton of nodes from another workflow to this node !!
Here is the corrupted mess it created - yes the overlap is all automatic - I didnt do it!

Here is what it was suppsoed to be (had to restore it from a backup I had luckily taken in the morning)

Something similar has happened before but I chalked it off to a one-time thing. Now it happened again.

What is the error message (if any)?

See above

Please share the workflow

See above

Share the output returned by the last node

Information on your n8n setup

• **n8n version:0.205.0
  • Database you’re using (default: SQLite):
  • Running n8n with the execution process [own(default), main]:
  • **Running n8n via [Docker, npm, n8n.cloud, desktop app]:docker

I did also update the n8n docker version in the morning and many nodes show an updated date of around that time, including the node that it planted on top of the error node.
Not sure if the update messed up something - it probably did.
My understanding is that the nodes that are changed in the new version are automatically updated to handle the new version (please correct y understanding).
That may have messed it all up.

Hi @treyr, thanks so much for reporting this. I have heard this once before but was never able to reproduce this unfortunately.

Maybe @Mutasem has an idea of what could have happened here?

1 Like

Thank you for reporting. Have created an internal ticket for the relevant team to look into this

2 Likes

@Mutasem - thanks!
I believe the workflow that was copied on top was an adjacent numerical workflow
ie workflowid 3 was copied over by workflowid 4

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.