Set Fields Node not pulling all data from previous nodes

I have set up my Code Nodes to extract the pieces of information out of the email that I will need to use in my workflow. Then I created the new fields and tried to populate them with the data from the code nodes. This works when I manually push the play button on the Edit Fields node, but when I try to have this work automatically, only one of the code nodes seems to pass data to the set field nodes. Then it stops working.

I can’t seem to find any data on if this is how I should be doing this or if there is a better or different way to do this. I am pretty new to n8n and I have been learning quite a lot while building this workflow.

I am hoping someone can guide me to finish this workflow so I can start on my next one.

Thanks!

Information on your n8n setup

• n8n version: 1.37.3
  • Database (default: SQLite):
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main): own
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app): CasaOS on Zimaboard
  • Operating system:

Hi!

I think that the Edit Fields node will execute as soon as it has incoming data. In other words, the first code node to execute will win. I’m not 100% percent sure of my diagnosis, however, I’m 100% sure of the following solution:

1. Group all your code nodes, except “Get WixEvent for Zoom Meeting” in a single code node. Let’s call it “Email Parsing”.
  2. Then, create a new merge node that takes the outputs of “Email Parsing” and “Get Zoom URL Link” as inputs (I’ll let you see how to configure that one).
  3. Finally, let “Edit Fields” take the output of the merge node as input.

Then, do your thing! Lmk if that works :slight_smile:

On the Merge node, can I put multiple code nodes into each input? I tried copying the code and adding them into 1 single code node and I am getting errors on the output.

Hey @jlhsolutions, just to make sure: you did also modify your code, not just copy pastes right? Sorry if I’m asking obvious questions, but I have no idea of what your coding level is :grimacing:

My coding level is very entry level. I tried to copy and paste all the codes together, but that didn’t work. So I am guessing, I need to rewrite it so that it works together.

1 Like

Yes, absolutely. Maybe ask Chat GPT for some help :wink: Here’s an example you can get inspiration from! Lmk if that helps, cheers.

1 Like

I had no idea I could do that! I finally was able to get it to extract all my data in 1 node. Thanks for your help on this!