Should the Microsoft Outlook "attachments" key show true?

Describe the problem/error/question

I am currently implementing a workflow whereby I would be polling a MS Outllook Inbox and process emails/attachments accordingly. I sent some test emails into this account with attachments, but when I use the MS Outlook → Folder Message or MS Outlook → Get Many Messages nodes, the “hasAttachments” key in the response for each message shows ‘false’.

If I add the Message Attachment node after this it correctly identifies all the attachments.

So are there circumstances where the message does have attachments but does not flag correctly on response?

I could make it work doing it the way I am but having a boolean would make things much easier.

Please share your workflow

Information on your n8n setup

• n8n version: 1.31
  • Database (default: SQLite): Postgres
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main): queue mode
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app): Docker
  • Operating system: Unknown linux distro

HI @mbowler :wave: Thanks for the details and sharing your workflow!

Is it the second to last node that isn’t showing attachments for you? I just tried this out on 1.3.1, and was able to see hasAttachments true for a message with an attachment on the Inbox Messages getAll: folderMessage node, and your last node is showing an attachment for me as well :thinking:

@EmeraldHerald Yes, you are correct in that the 2nd to last node is the one that doesn’t show ‘true’ for attachments (for me).

I’m wondering if there is a configuration within our office365 account that influences this? This is my first time working with Office365 so don’t have the background to know otherwise.

Hi @mbowler :wave: There might be, as I can’t seem to get the same behaviour as you :see_no_evil: I’m always seeing the correct attachment boolean.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.