SMTP SSL Error

sorry so everything fails if starttls is enabled?

For me this was the fix: Cannot get mails via IMAP - #5 by MutedJam
I did not know beside disabling SSL/TLS in config window I had to do this!

This worked for me, thanks :orange_heart:

Hey guys, just installed n8n using docker and tried to setup smtp node. Using smtp.office365.com I run into the very same err.
I startet off with the default docker image and also tried latest-debian (since my docker-host is running debian 10.12) … but no dice either way.
The topics here and in the linked thread on github are not that new really, so I wonder if I am actually running across the same issue or whether its just similar that fails on same code-location?

Hey @coeotax,

Welcome to the community :cake:

If you are seeing the same error you need to set the SSL option to false so that it uses StartTLS.

Hi Jon,
thanks so much for the hint - that works indeed!
cheers
tax

1 Like

Hi,
where I can get the docker image ending with -ubuntu

Hi @Muhammad_Hafil, welcome to the community!

The -ubuntu images no longer exist since ~2 years. You want to use the -debian one these days as suggested above. That said, even the standard image should work with pretty much all email providers these days.

If you can share your email provider and the settings (except your username/password of course) you are currently using we might be able to help you with the configuration. Seeing this thread is 2.5 years old It’d be great if you can open a new thread when doing so and provide all details from the question template.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.