Solved: How to Automatically Reset Trigger Form

Describe the problem/error/question

I’m using an n8n Trigger Form which works perfectly except that when the form is submitted, I’m shown a standard text and to use the form again I need to refresh the browser.

I would prefer if a submission would automatically clear the form and make it available to be used again. How would I do that?

Information on your n8n setup

• n8n version: 1.21.1
  • Database (default: SQLite):
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app): Docker
  • Operating system: unRaid

Hey @RichardC,

That sounds like something we could think about for the future. One thing you could try is changing the form to redirect to a url and use the link for the form there but that will result in a success or failure message not being sent.

1 Like

Thanks! I couldn’t see a way to change the form itself, but I am able to use a Respond to Webhook node to redirect to the URL which is my form. Works great.

As for the future, perhaps you could add the ability for a Trigger Form to accept a query parameter and display it on the form. That would enable a form reset while also allowing for status messages like “Your response has been recorded”

Cheers, Richard

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.