Spotify OAuth2 connector yields 404

Hi!

I’m having issues connecting n8n to my Spotify app.
I’ve created a Spotify application on the Spotify Developer Dashboard. I retrieved the Client ID and Client Secret from the dashboard and added them to the n8n Spotify credentials page. I also added the n8n redirect URL in my app’s settings.

However, when I click “Connect my account” from the n8n UI, the browser tab opened shows a plain text with “404”. What could be wrong here?

I also tried doing the OAuth2 authorization flow by hand, with HTTP Request nodes, following the Spotify documentation: Authorization Code Flow | Spotify for Developers
However, when asking for user authorization, how to launch a tab in my browser to grant access to the app? I only managed get – as the node output – the raw HTML code of the Spotify login page, that should be opened in the browser to grant permission.

• n8n version: 0.153.0
  • Database you’re using (default: SQLite): default
  • Running n8n with the execution process [own(default), main]:
  • Running n8n via [Docker, npm, n8n.cloud, desktop app]: MacOS Desktop app

Last, let me say that I’ve been using n8n for a few months and it’s so great. The app is really cool and flexible, and the community is so helpful and positive. Thanks a lot, this app and its community is the perfect example of why I like to be a developer.

Hey @gcharles,

Welcome to the community :cake:

Before you get the 404 message do you get the spotify login page?

No, I don’t get the login page. I simply get redirected to the callback URL with a generated code as an URL parameter, and the HTML resulting from this is a plain “404” inside an HTML pair of

That is very odd, normally that button would just load up Spotifys login page and away you go. Have you checked to see if there is a newer version of the desktop app available? Could be worth giving that a go.

Hello @Jon and @gcharles, I am having the same issue trying to connect to Spotify.
Did you find a way to fix this problem?

Restarting the n8n desktop app fixed the issue.

1 Like