Stripe PaymentIntent.Success triggering multiple times

Describe the problem/error/question

When someone makes a payment through stripe, my workflow is triggered multiple times, and it only has a paymentIntent.success as it’s trigger event.

What is the error message (if any)?

There’s none.

Please share your workflow

Share the output returned by the last node

Workflow executes 6 times with the same values

Information on your n8n setup

• n8n version: 0.228.2
  • Database (default: SQLite): SQLite
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main): main
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app): n8n cloud

Hi @oscarperli, welcome to the community.

I’m sorry you’re having trouble. The n8n trigger node for Stripe uses webhooks under the hook. So seeing your workflow run multiple times suggests Stripe is sending multiple webhooks here.

From taking a look at their documentation (Verwenden Sie eingehende Webhooks, um Updates in Echtzeit zu erhalten | Stripe-Dokumentation) it seems this is expected:

Webhook endpoints might occasionally receive the same event more than once. We advise you to guard against duplicated event receipts by making your event processing idempotent. One way of doing this is logging the events you’ve processed, and then not processing already-logged events.

You could for example use an external database for this job and query this database before doing anything else. If your event already exists in the database, do nothing else, if it doesn’t exist yet store it and continue with your flow.

Thank you, I’ll try that.

Have a good day!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.