Sum values of a Sheets Column (Google Sheet Node - Lookup)

Sum values of a Sheets Column

Hi community! As a lot of people I’m not a coder myself and whenever I need help I come to the community to find the codes I need.

However with this new update the codes I’m using are not working anymore.

I have a Google Sheets node Look up a specific sheet to get all order values and the goal is to have the sum of these values for the date I used when looking it up.

I’m already getting the order values for the specific date, but I have no idea how to sum them up in this new code node (I wouldn’t know in the previous version as well :sweat_smile:)

Thank you guys for the support.

Information on n8n setup

• n8n version:0.200.1
  • Running n8n via [Docker]:

Hi @Lucas_Lopes, welcome to the community :tada:

So, you would like to simply sum up all the values in the order_total column returned by the lookup operation on your Google Sheets node? This is doable, though n8n does not have a “Calculation” node, so requires a little bit of code.

Here’s a quick example:

I’ve tried to keep the code as readable as possible, here’s what it does:

1. In the first line, we’re simply setting a FIELD_NAME for later re-use. This keeps the code re-usable, if you want to sum up another field simply replace order_total with your new field name.
  2. let result = 0; defines a result variable with a value of 0. We can then add each of the field values to this.
  3. for (item of $input.all()) { } simply loops through each input item
  4. result = result + parseFloat(item.json.order_total); adds the value of the respective field from our current loop item to our result. parseFloat() is there just in case the incoming data doesn’t have a numeric data type yet.
  5. Finally, return [{ total: result }]; returns our result in a new field called total.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions on this.

1 Like