Telegram Trigger "bad webhook"

Describe the problem/error/question

I got this error when trying to use Telegram trigger node: “Telegram Trigger: Bad Request: bad webhook: An HTTPS URL must be provided for webhook”
I also used this WEBHOOK_URL=http://<local_ip_address>:5678/ in the docker-compose file

Please share your workflow

{
“meta”: {
“instanceId”: “45d177cb4d12cbbcd4ca0ffea3d7552af82973ea37771337044181d0512a206c”
},
“nodes”: [
{
“parameters”: {
“updates”: [
“callback_query”,
“inline_query”
],
“additionalFields”: {}
},
“id”: “340f0e73-a82b-46e0-81bf-e3f37061d0d4”,
“name”: “Telegram Trigger”,
“type”: “n8n-nodes-base.telegramTrigger”,
“typeVersion”: 1,
“position”: [
],
“webhookId”: “ff26a473-ddfe-42f0-87b5-3696a7a42578”,
“credentials”: {
“telegramApi”: {
“id”: “xxxxxxxxxx”,
“name”: “TeleBot”
}
}
}
],
“connections”: {}
}

Information on your n8n setup

• n8n version: 1.1.1
  • Database (default: SQLite): Postgres
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app): Docker
  • Operating system: Ubuntu - Localhost

After a while, I thought the --tunnel is disabled by somethings, so self-hosted n8n didn’t have a webhook to set for TelegramBot

1 Like

Hi @Le_nAm, welcome to the community!

I am sorry you’re having trouble. From looking into this it seems n8n version 1.1.1. doesn’t set the tunnel URLs correctly. This has been fixed since here, so perhaps you simply want to use a later version of n8n instead? Just tested this with 1.4.0 and could use the Telegram trigger through the tunnel URL just fine:

Keep however in mind that the tunnel URL is only temporary and there are no uptime guarantees, and as such it’s only meant for testing and development purposes. If you want to use your workflow in production you might want to consider registering a permanent domain controlled by yourself instead.

Hi Jam, tks for your reply. I have configured the tunnel, and it worked well. Just my mistake because I didn’t see the change logs about the command “n8n start --tunnel” to “start --tunnel”

2 Likes

Glad to hear, thanks for confirming!

This still needs updating in our documentation, so is easy to miss currently. We’ll hopefully get an updated version out soon :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.